The Xbox Series X and S are the latest gaming consoles developed and produced by Microsoft. The Xbox Series X is the more powerful of the two, featuring a custom processor with 12 teraflops of processing power, 16 GB of GDDR6 memory, and a 1 TB NVMe SSD for storage. It supports 4K gaming at up to 120 frames per second, and is compatible with both physical and digital Xbox One games, as well as a selection of Xbox 360 and original Xbox games.
The Xbox Series S is a more budget-friendly option, featuring a custom processor with 4 teraflops of processing power, 10 GB of GDDR6 memory, and a 512 GB NVMe SSD for storage. It supports 1440p gaming at up to 120 frames per second and it is also compatible with both physical and digital Xbox One games, as well as a selection of Xbox 360 and original Xbox games.
Both consoles also come with the Xbox Velocity Architecture, which is designed to enhance game performance by utilizing the combination of the console’s custom SSD and hardware-accelerated decompression. Additionally, both the Xbox Series X and S feature the new Xbox Wireless Controller, which includes a built-in share button for capturing and sharing gameplay footage.
Most popular titles
- Halo Infinite: the latest installment in the popular Halo franchise developed by 343 Industries and published by Xbox Game Studios (Amazon).
- Forza Horizon 5: Forza Horizon 5 is an open-world racing game developed by Playground Games and published by Xbox Game Studios for the Xbox Series X and Xbox One (Amazon).
- Minecraft: a sandbox game developed by Mojang Studios and published by Xbox Game Studios (Amazon).
- Doom Eternal: a first-person shooter game developed by id Software and published by Bethesda Softworks (Amazon).
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: an action role-playing game developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft (Amazon).
Hidden gem titles
- The Medium: A psychological horror game developed by Bloober Team that explores the duality of the human psyche through a unique dual-reality gameplay mechanics (Amazon).
- The Falconeer: an action-adventure game developed by Tomas Sala, it’s set in a fantasy world of warring factions and giant flying creatures, where players take on the role of a falconer, navigating the skies and engaging in aerial battles (Amazon).
- Tell Me Why: a narrative adventure game developed by Dontnod Entertainment, it’s the story of twin siblings Tyler and Alyson Ronan, who reunite after a decade apart to solve the mysterious death of their mother.
- Blair Witch: a psychological horror game developed by Bloober Team, based on the Blair Witch horror movie franchise, it’s a first-person psychological horror game that takes place in the year 1996 (Amazon).
- The Ascent: a cyberpunk action RPG developed by Neon Giant, set in a neon-lit cyberpunk world where players take on the role of a corporate drone who must uncover the truth behind the collapse of their mega-corporation (Amazon).
Xbox Game Pass
Probably one of the best reasons to buy a Xbox is the Game Pass. Microsoft advertises it as following:
Play new games on day one. Plus, enjoy hundreds of high-quality games with friends on console, PC, or cloud. With games added all the time, there’s always something new to play.
- Buy the Game Pass for a discounted price at CDKeys.com