Earlier in the month the 3rd revision of the newer 1.10 firmware for our beloved SD2SNES flash card was released. Highlight in this firmware version is of course support for the S-DD1 chip, which is an ASIC decompressor made by Nintendo. This chip is used only by two games: Star Ocean and Street Fighter Alpha 2.
More over about S-DD1 at wikipedia here:
or more technical at https://wiki.superfamicom.org/s-dd1
Download it directly from the SD2SNES.de site.
Here is the full change log directly from the SD2SNES Team’s github site:
– [Mk2] Revert S-DD1 bitfile to earlier build which happens to less expose a
timing hazard. This will need further examination for a proper fix.
Fixes severe glitches with S-DD1
– [All] Fix swapped logic terms in SA-1 and SuperFX RAM write cycles. Fixes
severe glitches on SA-1 and SuperFX on Mk.II units; The bug was also
present in the Pro firmware but didn’t seem to have much of an effect
– [All] Fix game video mode setting in SuperCIC pair mode
– [Pro] fix wrong data ROM size on uPD96050 core -> F1 ROC II track is shown
– [Pro] fix S-DD1 address mirroring -> Star Ocean works
– [Pro] correct Cx4 core speed from 96MHz to 80MHz
– [All] apply volume boost after FPGA reconfiguration
(fixes MSU1 volume boost on Cx4, OBC1, SuperFX, SA-1, S-DD1)
– [All] fix S-DD1 writes going to the wrong address on concurrent MCU
accesses (saving not working in Star Ocean)
– [All] avoid potential data corruption on MCU writes (e.g. SPC loading)
– [All] Workaround for Super Nt not booting when CIC enters pair mode
* fix bug preventing boot on sd2snes Mk.III…
* add S-DD1 support by magno
* initial firmware release for sd2snes Mk.III (“sd2snes pro”)
– fix memory corruption on BS-X loading
– reset S-RTC read state on all load and reset occasions
Need a new SD Card? Check out what Amazon has to offer and support the site.