Having used the Chimp-Tools lately to clone an Xbox-Harddisk to replace it with a bigger sized disk, I put together all possible errors that I came across while trying solve my issue:
- Ensure you use the latest Chimp build: https://github.com/Rocky5/Chimp261812
- Verify to use the path Chimp expects:
- Use standard RGB cable and not the Component or any other 3rd party video cable
- Disable the widescreen option in your Dashboard and use normal aspect ratio
- Disable 480p, 720p or 1080i options
- Linux users: Use a Windows machine to FTP transfer your files over to the Xbox; for some reasons the permissions attributes don’t work with Chimp (this was for example the issue I experienced and with Windows it worked without any problem)
More to come….