What you need before you start
– Latest release of Wiims Mario Kart Fun files from here: http://wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/Wiimms_Mario_Kart_Fun
– Mario Kart Wii ISO file NTSC or PAL version (as example PAL version might be called something like “Mario_Kart_PAL_Wii.iso”)
How to patch your ISO file
- Extract the Mario Kart Fun archive you downloaded; at the point of writing the file was called mkw-fun-2019-10.v1.txz.
- Copy the ISO file into the extracted folder
- if you are using Linux (or Mac) make sure you run “sudo chmod a+x *.sh” to make the scripts executable
- Then you start the “create-image” scripts
- 1st question asks about language during the creation process, type “de” for German, “en” for English, “es” for Spanish. Default is English. Input your preferred language or directly press Enter.
- 2nd question is about language within the game itself. The following options are available:
G : Deutsch
U : English (America)
E : English (Europe)
M : Español (América)
S : Español (Europa)
Q : Français (Amérique) => aucun message de chat
F : Français (Europe) => aucun message de chat
I : Italiano => messaggi di chat
J : 日本人 (Japanese) => no chat messages
K : 한국의 (Korean) => no chat messages, no Wiimmfi texts
If you don’t want to force any changes in-game language related, select “-“, as I do here. Type “-” and Enter.
- 3rd question is about fallback language. Not sure why this is required as we selected no changes just before, but nevertheless, we type “E” for English (Europe), as I am using the PAL version here, and then Enter.
- 4th question is about track language; many options to choose from, let’s go for the default option, which is the native language related to each track. Type “x” and Enter.
- 5th question is about translating names of custom tracks. As we have just chosen native language names before, lets select “no” and press Enter.
- 6th question is about the output format, various options possible. I go here with a standard ISO format. Type “iso” and press Enter.
- 7th question is about if you want to shared the existing save game from your Mario Kart Wii or a new dedicated, unrelated save game. I prefer a new save game so lets type “yes” and press Enter.
- The script shows you then a summary, here is ours::
===========* Language (de,en,es): en
* Force game language or ‘-‘ (G,U,E,M,S,Q,F,I,J,K,-): –
* Fall-back language (G,U,E,M,S): e
* Language of track names:: x
* Translate also names of custom tracks (no,yes): no
* Image file format (iso,ciso,wdf,wbfs,gcx,wia,riiv): iso
* Use private savegame (no,yes): yes* Continue with these settings? (no,yes) [yes]:
Yes, looks good, let’s press Enter.
- Then the script is doing its magic this might take a while….. if everything went well, it should output something like1 iso image(s) created
2019-11-03 19:14:00 .. 19:23:51 (9m+51s)
- That’s it. You can now either copy the ISO on a SD or harddrive connected to your Wii and load the game via USB Loader or load the ISO directly in an emulator like Dolphin. Have fun.