Recalbox got released in a new version including a bug fix: looks like in the version released the other day, many experienced lags while browsing their game lists.
We released the
17.12.01 version last Friday and some people detected some lags while browsing games and even while playing.
This was due to the steam controller service that was always started on boot, even if you don’t have a steam controller.
We fixed that behavior, and you can now upgrade your recalbox to
For a fresh install, download recalbox images on archive.recalbox.com
The Recalbox team continues to deliver new releases; this time 17.12.01 was released yesterday. Many new features were included like
- We have done a big emulators update. So retroarch gets bumped on 1.6.9, ScummVM on 1.10.0 “unstable”, DosBox on 0.74 r4063 (Thanks lmerckx) and all libretro cores have been bumped on last version ! See more on this dedicated blogpost
For your information, the fba-libretro core is now based on fba v0.2.97.42.
So don’t forget to upgrade your romset before playing. The new .dat files are available here !
- On X86 and X86_64 Recalbox version, you can now emulate PSX with the mednafen_psx cores ! See more on this dedicated blogpost
- Dolphin emulator now supports hotkey shortcuts and you can access to the GUI settings. We also enhanced the emulated wiimotes support !
- On X86 and X86_64 we added a new software, imlib2_grab to be able to take command line screenshots !
- On X86 and X86_64 again, the boot menu (GRUB) have now a verbose option, to help you/us in support.
- We also fixed a bug about configuration of several wifi networks. Thanks OyyoDams
- From Odroid C2 & XU4 side, you can now play N64 with the mupen64plus GLideN64 video plugin (defined by default on XU4) !
- And some other points that you can read on the changelog displayed on your Recalbox !
Check out their blog post here.
Recalbox keeps on delivering; time for 17.11.10. From their blog:
We keep the release rate quite high with this new 17.11.10 version of Recalbox !
Let’s get in the depths of the new features :
- If you’re following us, you’ve seen our tease on Hyperion, which turns your Recalbox into an ambilight-like system if you have the right hardware ! See more on this dedicated blogpost
- Add Petrock’s controlblock quirk to make it recognize the 2 players. Thank you @petrockblog!
- You can now suffix a .scummvm to the directories name in the scummvm rom folder ! Once you do this, you won’t have to browse in the subfolder to start the game. You can even scrap the directory for better visuals ! Remember you still need the .scummvm file inside the folder. For example : call your Monkey Island 2 folder
monkey2.scummvm, scrape, and play !
- New pads configured out of the box: Nintendo Wii U Pro Controller and Switch Pro Controller, 8bitdo FC30 Arcade (BT and USB), Thrustmaster T Mini Wireless and Orange Controller
- Added a new Lynx core (libretro-handy) by default. This new core should be less exacting with romsets !
On a side note, we’ve made a big internal change again on the Recalbox repository structure. This was a major step leading to a general upgrade of the Linux we’re built on. The 2nd stage is almost ready and will be open for testers very soon, and the 3rd stage will be that major upgrade ! Oh did I forgot to mention that this 3rd step will bring Kodi 17 ?
We do keep our word with new releases, don’t we ? 😉
Yes, you guys do and it is much appreciated 🙂 Thanks.
Grab the latest version from here.
Recalbox kept their promise with releasing more often then only once or twice a year and came up with a version fixing one or the other bug as per below list. More important is that the release versioning got changed: instead of going with an incremental number, they will use the date going forward. Like for this version, it is 17.11.02. Pretty easy I would say.
Here are the improvements:
- New firmwares for x86 (mostly for INTEL devices)
- Moonlight now finally runs without crashing at start
- Better logs on bluetooth pairing
- Slightly increased the bluetooth scanning time
- Fixed a bug on bluetooth that applied a 8bitdo-only fix to any paired device
- The security option can now be correctly disabled
- Pad reordering now works with PPSSPP
- Moga pro pad now supported
- BlueMSX default options changed (MSX2/60Hz/ym2413=enabled)
Get the latest version from their page: https://www.recalbox.com/diyrecalbox
From their blog: https://www.recalbox.com/blog/en/post/blog-2017-11-01-recalbox-17.11.02/