Recalbox got released in a new version including a bug fix: looks like in the version released the other day, many experienced lags while browsing their game lists.
We released the
17.12.01 version last Friday and some people detected some lags while browsing games and even while playing.
This was due to the steam controller service that was always started on boot, even if you don’t have a steam controller.
We fixed that behavior, and you can now upgrade your recalbox to
For a fresh install, download recalbox images on archive.recalbox.com
The Recalbox team continues to deliver new releases; this time 17.12.01 was released yesterday. Many new features were included like
- We have done a big emulators update. So retroarch gets bumped on 1.6.9, ScummVM on 1.10.0 “unstable”, DosBox on 0.74 r4063 (Thanks lmerckx) and all libretro cores have been bumped on last version ! See more on this dedicated blogpost
For your information, the fba-libretro core is now based on fba v0.2.97.42.
So don’t forget to upgrade your romset before playing. The new .dat files are available here !
- On X86 and X86_64 Recalbox version, you can now emulate PSX with the mednafen_psx cores ! See more on this dedicated blogpost
- Dolphin emulator now supports hotkey shortcuts and you can access to the GUI settings. We also enhanced the emulated wiimotes support !
- On X86 and X86_64 we added a new software, imlib2_grab to be able to take command line screenshots !
- On X86 and X86_64 again, the boot menu (GRUB) have now a verbose option, to help you/us in support.
- We also fixed a bug about configuration of several wifi networks. Thanks OyyoDams
- From Odroid C2 & XU4 side, you can now play N64 with the mupen64plus GLideN64 video plugin (defined by default on XU4) !
- And some other points that you can read on the changelog displayed on your Recalbox !
Check out their blog post here.