Again news from the Libretro team for Reicast. See their blog for details.
Here is a listing of all the changes/fixes/improvements:
- (Dreamcast/Compatibility) Eldorado Gate – Broken opening FMV fixed (link)
- (Dreamcast/Compatibility) Demolition Racer now works (link)
- (Dreamcast/Compatibility) Redline Racer – Graphics bugs fixed (link)
- (Dreamcast/Compatibility) Fixed rendering issues with Tokyo Xtreme Racer games (link)
- (Dreamcast/Compatibility) Conflict Zone – Modern War Strategy now works
- (NAOMI/Compatibility) Metal Slug 6 now works without graphics bugs
Reicast OIT – Increased compatibility with AMD/Intel GPU drivers
AMD GPU owners on Windows/Linux and Intel HD users on Linux/Mesa should probably be able to use the Reicast OIT core now, as several GLSL compliance bugs have been fixed by now.
Note that Reicast OIT can still be very buggy for Intel HD users on Windows, and slow to boot. The renderer really lends itself better to discrete GPUs from AMD/NVidia.
Render to texture upscaling!
Previously, games which rendered to texture (such as Dead or Alive 2 or Crazy Taxi) would always output at 1 x native resolution. Now, you can set the upscaling factor. Games which render the screen to a texture should look much better as a result, provided your GPU is up to the task.
xBRZ Texture upscaling
This new setting allows you to upscale all the textures in a game up to 6 x their original resolution using the xBRZ texture filtering algorithm! See it in action with Shenmue in this video below: