The latest article from the libretro team announces a new version of RetroArch: RetroArch 1.7.5 has just been released! Grab it here. or via Google Play Store (32bit) or for users with 64bit capable devices you can grab the new version here.
So what is new in this version?
This is definitely THE highlight of this release. The libretro team got a dedicated article for this:
In short: Installation instructions and all the feature included in this first release for the Switch like
- OpenGL support
- Touchscreen support (for MaterialUI/etc)
- Full networking support
- RetroAchievements support
- Game scanning
- Split Joy-Con support
- Core downloader
- Runahead support
- and 44(!) cores supported already
Further there are the following improvements in this new version:
- Menu improvements: dropdown lists
- Adaptive V-Sync implemented for OpenGL (Windows/Linux)
- Improved Vulkan performance (especially for Nvidia cards): mailbox emulation: More details in this blog article.
- Easy recording/streaming options (for versions with ffmpeg support)
- UDP Streaming to another RetroArch instance
For all the details and changelog read the full blog post here.