If you are the lucky owner of an OSSC (Open Source Scan Converter) to scale up your retro games on your modern TV, then you like to ensure to keep your firmware of your device up to date to profit from fixes and enhancements which are constantly released. Great support on the OSSC here.
What do you need?
- Remote control for OSSC
- Micro SD Card (min. 2gb recommended)
- Image writer software for your operating system like
These are the steps to follow:
- Grab the latest firmware from here: https://www.niksula.hut.fi/~mhiienka/ossc/fw/
- Write/Restore the downloaded file to the Micro SD Card with the help of your image writer software
- Put the Micro SD card into your OSSC (slot is on the left side of the display)
- Switch the OSSC on
- Press “Menu” on the remote control
- Press “Down” until the menu says “Settings opt”
- Press “Down” until the menu says “Firmware Upgrade”
- Press “OK”
- Confirm to flash by pressing “1”
- Wait until the OSSC finished to verify and flashes the new image
- When it says “FW update ok” you can switch the OSSC off, remove the SD card, wait a few seconds and turn it on again
- It should now work with the latest firmware
Experienced some issues? Comments and feedback welcome.
Remark: If you are on an even elder version then I was, the “Firmware Upgrade” menu entry is in the menu root directly, and not within the “Settings Opt” sub-menu.