The Newer Team released there newest creation just a few days back: Newer Super Mario Bros. DS. This is a hack of the 2006 released game New Super Mario Bros. by Nintendo for the Ninendo DS. You can almost say it is a complete new game as it contains:
- 80 all-new levels on 8 world maps
- Original and ported graphics and sounds
- The return of a classic power-up
- New and updated game mechanics
- A brand-new soundtrack featuring old and new hits
According to my 6 year old son it this ‘the best game’ he ever played. So that means something….
Check out the trailer from the team:
As you can not download the rom directly obviously, the Newer Team released patchs that can be applied to your rom. Downloads here or on their website:
So how to create the new version?
For Windows users:
- Have your created original New Super Mario Bros. NDS rom ready
- Extract the zip file you just downloaded form above or the Newer Team site with your favorite packing software
- On the Welcome screen click “Next”
- Select “Choose” and select your NSMB rom and select “Next”
- If you like to amend the path for the Newer rom, do that on the next screen; just click “Next” if you like to use the same path as your original rom is stored
- Click “Start” and the patcher will do its magic
- Click “Finish” after the success message
- Go and play (either via emulator or on your Nintendo DS)
For Linux and MacOS users there is a step by step guide in the readme.txt files of the archives.
Enjoy this great hack.